Public Health staff participates with community partners to plan, train and evaluate the needs of the county in an emergency.
IN AN EMERGENCY:
The Clarke County Emergency AM Radio will be broadcasting on 1610 AM to provide information to the public.
- To report suspicious packages or substances , call your local law enforcement at 911.
- To report a disease or suspected bioterrorism disease, call 1-800-362-2736
- To report a disaster or terrorism event, call IA Dept of Public Health: 1-800-834-9671
TIPS FOR YOUR FAMILY’S EMERGENCY PLAN:
RECOVERING FROM A DISASTER
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
It is important for businesses to have a comprehensive emergency plans to protect their employees and their customers, in addition to ensure the survival of business operations. The following website will assist in the planning process.
- Safeguard Iowa Partnership: https://safeguardiowa.wildapricot.org/preparedness
- American Red Cross: Prepare Your Workplace and Employees: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/location/workplace
- Homeland Security Ready Business: http://www.ready.gov/business
- To volunteer at Clarke County Public Health, call 641-342-3724
- To volunteer for Clarke County Citizen’s Corp, call 641-342-6654 or for more information: http://www.ready.gov/citizen-corps
Clarke County Emergency Management
100 South Main
Osceola, IA 50213
“WHAT IS ALERT IOWA?”
Alert Iowa is a statewide mass notification and emergency messaging system. The system can be used by state and local authorities to quickly disseminate emergency information to residents in counties that utilize the system.
Alert Iowa will allow citizens to sign up for the types of alerts they would like to receive. Messages can be issued via landline or wireless phone, text messaging, email, FAX, TDD/TYY, and social media. Messages may contain photo, video and audio attachments to help subscribers better understand the situation at hand, or where to find additional information
SIGN UP FOR CLARKE COUNTY ALERT NOTIFICATION SYSTEM BY CLICKING THE FOLLOWING LINK: