Clarke County Public Health was established in 1975. The office is located at 144 West Jefferson in Osceola and serves residents of Clarke County. The Clarke County Board of Health governs the agency. Funding for agency services come from local, state and federal funds, including grants, private insurance and fee for services.
Clarke County Public Health’s mission is to provide accessible, high
quality, community based
health and social services through community
engagement and advocacy; to develop health promoting policies and
regulations, disease and injury prevention, and emergency, health
promotion and health education services.
To prevent, promote and protect health for the public through health
education, resource and referral, and outreach with partnership support.
Clarke County Public Health Staff
- Mackenzie Nelson RN, BSN, Administrator
- Stephanie Shields -Health Educator, Assistant Administrator
- Heather Kimmel – Administrative Assistant, Immunization Clerk
- Heather Buckingham, LPN, Homemaker Coordinator
- Buffy Bass, Homemaker
- Twyla Smith, Homemaker-PT
- Greg Kent, Lead Environmental Specialist
- Jessica Conley, Environmental Specialist, Grant Coordinator
- Jennifer Mitchell, Parents as Teachers Supervisor/Educator
- Maribel Torres, Parents as Teachers Educator, Spanish Interpreter
- Leah Henry, Parents as Teachers Educator
Click on the following links to learn more about: