Three of the most important ways for a woman to take care of her health are:
- Do a monthly self-breast exam
- Have a regular Pap test, pelvic exam, and breast exam.
- Have a yearly mammogram (if age 40 or over)
This program has arranged for health care providers across Iowa to provide these services:
- Breast Exams
- Pap Tests
- Pelvic Exams
- Limited Diagnostic Test
Through this program you may be able to receive referrals for breast and cervical cancer treatment coverage should you be diagnosed with cancer or a pre-cancerous condition.
How can I receive these services?
Through the Iowa Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, you may be eligible to receive cancer screening tests at low cost.
You must meet the eligibility guidelines:
- Age 40 or over. Women under age 40 may still be eligible for services in some cases
- No health insurance
- Insurance that does not cover these services
- Cannot pay insurance deductibles or co-payments
No Medicare Part B coverage
|Persons in family/household||Percentage of Federal Poverty Guidelines|
|100% of YearlyIncome||138% of YearlyIncome||250% of YearlyIncome|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons add for each additional person:||$4,060||$5,603||$10,150|
Why are regular breast and cervical exams important?
- All women are at risk for breast cancer.
- As women age, they are more likely to develop breast cancer.
- Regular mammograms and Pap tests help detect these cancers at early stages.
- Women past menopause often are not tested for cancer of the cervix.
- Cure rates are higher when cancer is found and treated early.
Where do I sign up?
Contact your local representative Stephanie at (641) 342-3724 or at 1-800-369-2229. We assist with women in Clarke County, Warren County and Decatur County.
Don’t wait another day!
For more information please visit http://idph.iowa.gov/cfy
The Iowa Department of Public Health Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Susan B. Komen Foundation.